” Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give,
not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. “(2 Corinthians 9:7)
We are grateful for everyone who supports St. Andrew’s United Church in any way.
Online Giving(one-time donation):
You can give to St. Andrew’s United Church online by using your credit card and the secure donation website called CanadaHelps. It is a registered, non-profit website that forwards online donations to the charity of your choice. You can learn more about this organization at their website, www.canadahelps.org.
Click on the “Donate Now” button above to begin the donation process.
When you give by online donation, you can designate your gift to one of following funds:
- The Belfry Tower Campaign that has been established to raise 486.000 for the renivation of the Church’s aging belfry tower.
- Memorial Fund– the Memorial Fund receives donations in memory of those who have passed into the Spirit. Many special projects have been financed through the Fund – a fitting way to remember friends and loved ones.
- Local Church Expenses – covers staff salaries, maintenance of property, Christian Education, office administration, and general church expenses
- Mission and Service Fund – all contributions are forwarded monthly to the Mission & Service Fund to support the work of the wider United Church in Canada and overseas.
- Loaves and Fishes Food Bank – St. Andrew’s United Church supports the Loaves and Fishes Food Bank on Thursday mornings. Donations are put towards the purchase of non-perishable food items to stock the shelves of this important ministry.
A separate charitable tax receipt is issued electronically ( by e-mail) by CanadaHelps for each donation. This is the only tax receipt that you will receive.
Giving by Cheque (one-time donation)
One-time gifts may also be made by cheque. Please make your cheque payable to “St. Andrew’s United Church” and mail it to the Church Office,or deliver it in person. if you wish your donation directed to a particular fund or area of need, please include a note to indicate your intentions. If you are not a regular giver to St. Andrew’s, please make sure that a return address is included so that a tax receipt may be issued at year-end.
Giving via e-Transfer
It is now possible to make a donation using the e-transfer method. The address to be used is: email@example.com . Use the memo field to designate your donation and provide an address for a tax receipt that will be issued by St. Andrew’s.
Members of the St. Andrew’s congregation have a couple of options for giving :
Giving Regularly by Envelope
Many members of our congregation place their gifts (cheque or cash) in a special envelope which is collected during the offering at our Sunday morning service. If you wish to become a regular envelope giver, please contact the Church Office and you will receive them. Income tax receipts are issued at year-end
Giving Regularly through PAR (Pre-Authorized Remittance)
If you wish to donate regularly, our preferred method is through PAR – Pre-Authorized Remittance. With PAR your donation comes to St. Andrew’s monthly from your bank account. Even if you miss attending church from time to time, your steady financial support will still be ongoing !
Please bring or mail your completed form (and voided cheque ) to the Church office. You may cancel or change the amount of your PAR at any time by contacting the Church Office.
View/download/print the fillable PAR CHANGE AUTHORIZATION FORM which can be used to increase (or decrease) your monthly givings through the PAR program. This form must be completed, signed and delivered or mailed to the Church Office. Also a completed and signed form may also be scanned and e-mailed to the Church office.
Giving Through the Planned Giving” (or Legacy) Program
There are ways that you (or your estate) can make a financial contribution to St. Andrew’s. These may include:
- making a bequest in your will
- arranging for proceeds from life insurance or RRSPs
- making a gift of publicly-traded securities
For more information about PLANNED GIVING and its benefits, click *here* to visit the “Legacy Giving” page of the United Church of Canada website. You may also contact the Church Office to discuss these options further.
St. Andrew’s United Church is registered as a charitable organization with the Canada Revenue Agency. Our charitable registration number is 108006552 RR 0001.